Thursday, May 27, 2010

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies



It seems like every time I make cookies, I end up making chocolate chip...which isn't a bad thing, but I've been craving something different. I stumbled across some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies on Annie's Eats the other night and remembered the bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate chips in the pantry that I've had for ages. It always was cast aside in favor of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. I looked around at other recipes and formulated what I thought would fit my family's tastes best. We're a chunky cookie family and this cookie is loaded with big hunks of salty, rich macadamia nuts and sweet, creamy white chocolate.

I love that Husband has a job where I can send the cookies to work with him. Having these in the house would be far too much temptation!


White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
makes 24

1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. white chocolate chips, or bar, chopped
6.5 oz. macadamia nuts, chopped coarsely

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Stir in egg and vanilla.

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the butter mixture. When thoroughly mixed, add the white chocolate and chopped nuts. Stir to combine.

Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfull onto an ungreased baking sheet, about two inches apart.

Bake for 8-10 minutes until very lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.

Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails